As Cam Lewis and his Team Adventure crew crossed the Equator yesterday, the
Poles on Warta Polpharma began to stretch their legs in the South East
Trades and Tony Bullimore & Co on TEAM LEGATO saw an end to 2 days of head
banging into 30-35knot head winds.
Now 550 miles NNE of the Falklands and a similar distance from the Argentine
coastline, the TEAM LEGATO boys have begun to benefit from strong westerly
reaching winds that should give them the legs to match or even better Warta
Polpharma's speed in the SE Trades.
Overnight, TEAM LEGATO's average speed had shot up from 11 to 17 knots and
by 07:00, she had covered 322 miles - two more than her daily target to beat
the April 2 deadline for finishing back in Marseilles.
Leading positions at 07:00 GMT today
1. Club Med Finished Marseilles 19:56GMT 4.03.01
2. Innovation Explorer Finished Marseilles 11:32GMT 6.03.01
3. Team Adventure +2,754 miles - Crossed Equator 13.03.01
4. Warta Polpharma +1,367 miles - Cape Horn 02.03.01
5. Team Legato +3,394 miles - Cape Horn 11.03.01
6. PlayStation - RETIRED 14.01.01
For pictures and audio feeds from TEAM LEGATO, contact Barry Pickthall at
the Team Legato Race office
Mobile Phone: +44 (0) 7768 395719
Office +44 (0) 1243 555561 Fax: +44 (0)1243 555562
Web site: www.teamlegato.com