Yacht Feature- Hanse 575 - the right boat at just the right time
by Lee Mylchreest on 3 Feb 2013
Hanse doesn't go into the design phase of any new yacht without trawling the ideas of dealers and customers and analysing future market directions, and the Hanse 575 is no different, so it is the right boat, at the right time, designed in just the right way for the ever larger number of sailors who aspire to this size of yacht.
Hanse 575 sailing .. .
The New Hanse 575 is not only a completion of the new Hanse ..5 range but a total implementation of a new trend in her class with a very bold attitude of pushing the limits.
Her exterior design with higher freeboards and a unique bulwark are designed to bring new level of safe movement on deck and together with the best cockpit - there are not one but two cockpit tables retracting and transferring into a large sunbathing area. There is also an easy to access bathing platform and an electrical dinghy garage, which fits a jet powered dinghy if you want that. That is sure to bring a smile on the face of every kid – and of grownups who still like a turn of speed.
The space below is very generous. The linear galley perfectly fits in legendary Hanse 'loft style' philosophy of interior design where they managed to redefine the meaning of saloon area from a traditional dining space to be more like an interior entertainment lounge.
This is achieved by it being easy to transform the dining table into to a vast couch with integrated armrest where guests can enjoy reading a book, play computer games with their kids via a large TV set or simply relaxing listening the silence of the sea.
Space below deck can accommodate up to 6 cabins always with comfort in mind whether it is the owner with guests or a large family onboard.
The Hanse Water Vision design studio worked closely with judel/vrolijk & Co naval architects to create the new boat.
The rig offers two options: standard or furling mainsail teamed up with Hanse's exclusive self-tacking jib system and optimization for sailing square wind angles with the gennaker. Manoeuvres under sail are easily handled by a pair of powerful winches positioned at the helm positions and docking manoeuvres are as simple as a press of the button.
Summary of Key Features:
* Sleek Judel/Vrolijk design
* Hanse original self-tacking headsail integral to the design from day 1.
* All lines lead under the deck to the winches next to the helm position.
* Fully battened main sail with the option of furling main.
* We've already mentioned the double cockpit tables you can convert to a huge sun baking area.
* Continuous bulwark
* Large opening bathing platform for easy access after swimming.
* Dinghy garage designed for Williams 285 jet tender with docking system.
* Flush, opening hatches bringing heaps of light and ventilation to the interior.
* Easy docking system.
* Dining area converts to king-sized lounge.
* Long galley with fridge drawers, dishwasher, ice-maker, microwave and espresso maker.
* Your choice of versatile interior layouts - 3, 4, 5 or 6 cabins.
* Vinylester sandwich construction, stainless steel keel bolts, main bulkhead laminated to deck and hull.
To contact Windcraft, the Hanse yacht agents for Australia, http://www.windcrafthanse.com/!click_here.
Did you like this article? Did you know that you can have all your non-competitive sailing news in one easy-read news magazine delivered direct to your inbox each week, simply by subscribing FREE to Sail-World Cruising? Stay up-to-date with what's happening on the water: everything from sailing adventures to new products, from rally news to new ideas and old tricks. Simply http://www.sail-world.com/CruisingAus/newsletter_subscribe.cfm!click_here now!
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/106223