Sydney- CYCA Information Evening - Around the World Sailing
by John Keelty/ Sail-World Cruising on 20 Oct 2012
If you are anywhere within reach of Sydney another valuable Cruising Yacht Club of Australia (CYCA) Information Evening is scheduled for 30 October, this time the subject being: Around the World Sailing: Cruising and Racing. It will be an inspirational information evening that will make you want to get up and set sail into the sunset.
Happy faces departing on the Atlantic Rally for Crisers this year .. .
Our first presenter will be World Cruising Club's Nick Martin, Event Manager for the ARC World Cruise. Nick will:
1. Explain how to set about setting a lifetime dream in motion by taking your own boat across the world's oceans;
2. Share stories and stunning photos of the ARC events and
3. Share behind the scenes anecdotes from organising and delivering some of the world's largest sailing rallies
Nick will be followed by Richard Hewson, skipper of 'Gold Coast Australia' winner of the Clipper 11-12 Round the World Yacht Race.
Richard will share his experiences including:
1. Climbing the mast in 50kt winds to free a wrapped spinnaker
2. The medical evacuation of a crew member
3. Jury rigging the mast and
4. Navigation tactics that won the overall event
So whether you are cruiser, racer , or just a dreamer this is an evening not to be missed
All those who attend the evening have the chance of winning an inshore sailing jacket with the compliments of the World Cruising Club worth $220.00
It's free, so bring the whole crew!
VENUE:Freya/Morna Rooms, 6.30pm
Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
1 New Beach Road
Darling Point, NSW 2027
Click continue booking below to RSVP
CONTACT DETAILS for more information: Cruising Yacht Club of Australia 02 82927800
Book your free attendance today by http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/EventBookingPage.aspx?eid=33757&sid=67042&did=101728!clicking_here.
(And don't forget the important NEXT information evening: A Pilot's Guide to Cruising to Hobart, Tuesday 6 November)
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/102776