Sunferries rebrands as Sealink Queensland
by Nadia Jones on 26 Jul 2011
Sunferries announced today an official rebrand to parent companies’ corporate brand Sealink, with the North Queensland business to be branded as Sealink Queensland.
Sealink MIRW Sunferries Magnetic Island Race Week http://www.magneticislandraceweek.com.au
The rebrand of Sunferries to Sealink Queensland offers the opportunity to refresh the Townsville based ferry company.
‘We are excited to launch the next chapter of the Magnetic Island and Palm Island ferries story and align ourselves more closely with the strong Sealink brand,’ Sealink Queensland General Manager Jeff Davey said.
‘We are the same great service, just with a fresh new look,’ Mr Davey states.
Sealink acquired the Townsville based ferry service in March 2011 from local owner Terry Dodd.
‘Sealink has effectively established itself as a strong brand in the domestic and international markets and the rebranding of Sunferries to Sealink Queensland will provide Townsville with increased opportunities and leads in the tourism and marine industries, with the ultimate goal to bring more people and business to the region,’ Mr Dodd said.
About Sealink Travel Group
* The company carries almost 1.8 million ferry passengers a year in Townsville, Adelaide and Auckland
* Employs over 350 staff in a wide variety of positions
* Established in 1989, Sealink’s business includes
- Ferry operations to Magnetic Island and Palm Island in North Queensland
- Ferry operations to Kangaroo Island in South Australia
- Ferry operations to Waiheke Island and Great Barrier Island in New Zealand
- Coach touring, exclusive 4WD tours and bus charters in Kangaroo Island and around South Australia
- Day tour business operating in and around Adelaide and South Australia
- Wholesaling of tourism product to the trade
-Three retail travel agencies in Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne
- Retail travel agency and wholesaler in Townsville, North Queensland
- Ski holiday business
- Skylink Shuttle Bus service between Adelaide City, the rail terminal and Adelaide Airport
- Accommodation and bistro dining facility at Vivonne Bay on Kangaroo Island
More at www.sealinkqld.com.au
The fourth annual Sealink Magnetic Island Race Week runs from September 1st to 6th 2011
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/86393