Sunburst Nationals 2012 - Day 1 - Three wins for Wellington crew
by Nigel Price on 29 Jan 2012
The first day of the Sunburst 2012 Nationals has been dominated by Wellington sailmaker Brett Linton, sailing with daughter Alice, who won the three races convincingly.
Bruce Yarnton & Rhonda Steele sailing "Good News" being followed by Amanda Hargreaves & Amanda Young sailing "Bad News" approaching the top mark in Race 1. - Sunburst Nationals 2012 : Day 1 Nigel Price
Sailing conditions have been good with a gusty southwesterly wind up to about 20 knots in the Rangitoto Channel race area off Narrow Neck beach in Auckland. There are 29 boats entered in the regatta run from the Wakatere Boating Club, which continues on Sunday and Monday over a seven race series.
Top boats after 3 races :
1. Rhythm & Swing - Brett & Alice Linton - Worser Bay - 1 , 1, 1
2. Equinaut - James Corbett & Harrison Switzer- Corbett - Wakatere - 3, 3, 3
3. Santa Maria - Andy Walker & Elizabeth Pitko - Wakatere - 2, 8, 2
4. Seabird - Nathan & William Long - Wakatere - 6, 2, 4
5. Just Magic - Alistair Campbell & George Willcock - Worser Bay - 7, 4, 9
6. Kick Ass - Matt & Finn Buckeridge - Wakatere - 9, 7, 6
7. Bad News - Amanda Hargreaves & Amanda Young - Worser Bay 4, 5, 17
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/93372