Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania Sailing Manager position available
by Richard Scarr on 31 Aug 2011
The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania was founded in Hobart in 1880 and was known then as the Derwent Sailing Boat Club. In 1908, a petition to His Majesty King Edward VII resulted in the granting of a Royal Warrant in 1910 and a change of name to the present name of The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania.
From modest beginnings, the R.Y.C.T. is now one of the leading and largest yacht clubs in Australia. It has a proud tradition of competitiveness on the water and an equally strong tradition of hospitality to all visitors to the beautiful clubhouse on the waterfront and its superb facilities for yachts and their crews
The Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania SAILING MANAGER Position.
Report directly to the General Manager and liaise with the Vice Commodore.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all facets of sailing activities of the Club
- Maintain an accurate Club register
- Manage entries, results for Club sailing events
- Prepare and circulate Race Documents for Club sailing events
- Act as race officer for various sailing events
- Develop and conduct sailing and education programs for Youth and Adult sailing
- Attend subcommittee and special events committee meetings
- Attend Interclub committee and events
- Maintain up-to-date sailing reporting for media and website distributions
- Create new sponsorship opportunities for various sailing events
- Supervise maintenance of Club Sailing and Rescue vessels
- Manage the Club’s Topyacht Race Management System
Applications in writing to the General Manager genmanager(at)ryct.org.au
Applications close 9 September 2011.
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/87944