Clash at the Cove organizer, Paul Shanahan has advised that due to a rather testing weather system which is forecast to bring strong winds and heavy rain from a northerly quarter this weekend, racing at the event has been put on hold. Paul said that a number of skippers were reluctant to make the voyage north from Auckland in what would potentially be gear damaging conditions.
A number of cruising yachts in the planned feeder race may still make it and will be warmly received at Marsden Cove. Weather on Sunday is forecast to moderate and may allow to an impromptu event.
The NZOPA power boat race will run to schedule as it is held on an inner harbour course. The Northland Boat Show will also run as planned. Sadly, the sailing fleet may not be as well represented as planned. Planning for the 2012 event will begin immediately as the format promoted by Marsden Cove has received popular acclaim.
If you would like to know more or wish to consider participating next year, Contact Paul Shanahan email@example.com