New RFD Line of PFDs now in-store
by RFD on 26 Aug 2011
Australia’s leading marine safety manufacturer, RFD, has released a complete range of Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs), for the Australian market. Designed in Australia, to the new Australian standards AS4758, RFD has developed a range of PFDs, ensuring every boater has a quality high performance PFD to meet their needs.
The new RFD range has a style to suit every boating need. RFD Marine Safety Equipment http://www.rfd.com.au/
At the outset of the design program, RFD determined that the new range would have to satisfy a number of criteria. A new range of PFDs would need to be developed to meet the multitude of boating applications, whilst offering style, comfort, fit and performance - without compromise. And of course the new Australian Standard, AS4758 dictates better performance over the previous standard.
The new range includes the increasingly popular inflatable PFDs as well as the traditional inherent buoyancy PFDs, with designs specifically tailored for women children and adults of all sizes Today with boating regulations enforcing many boaters to wear their PFD whenever they are underway, RFD have recognised that comfort, style and performance is of high importance. The outcome of the design and development process is a range of PFDs that fall into categories including the 150N, 100N and 50N designations.
'At RFD we have consciously developed a comprehensive range of PFDs that perform, whatever level the boaters need may be' said RFD MD, Mark Barker. 'At the same time we have recognised that fashion and fit are important aspects in the purchasing decision. The new line of RFD jackets have specific models for women and a huge variation in sizes to ensure that a good fit is also a comfortable fit.'
The RFD line up includes the following models:
– a premium model Level 150N inflatable PFD that is available in a variety of manual inflate, auto inflate, with and without harness attachment point.
– this is a traditional 'over the head' 150N PFD which is tough and durable. Applicable to pleasure boats as well as ferries and charter vessels.
– Every member of the family is catered for with this robust, yet stylish PFD vest. Available in male, female and child versions, this 100N jacket personifies comfort and fit, with features such as no external webbing straps to snag, and neoprene side panels for added fit and comfort.
– This is the ideal jacket for general family boating – The 100N performance jacket, again has no external belts to snag, and has tailored sizes to fit all of the family. From the smallest child to the largest adult.
– water sports lovers will find this level 50N vest the perfect choice for fun in the water. Made from a soft, flexible, yet tough neoprene outer fabric, and styled with a generous cut around the neck and arms assuring a comfortable fit and freedom of movement.
– A lighter weight 50N jacket ideal for riding a PWC, a tube or family skiing, full of features such as neoprene side panels for a secure snug fit, and no external belts.
RFD is a world leading supplier of marine safety products and inflatable watercraft marketed under a range of brand names. Some of these brands include Plastimo boating equipment, ACR lights, Kannad Marine and Comet pyrotechnics.
Beginning in 1920, RFD is primarily involved in the supply and service of marine, fire, life support and gas control equipment.
More at www.rfd.com.au
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/87739