Mini Transat - Learn about how to follow the action
by Kirsten Ferguson on 10 Oct 2013
The Mini Transat works across all platforms - including: website, social networks, radio and television allowing you to easily follow the 2013 edition. Check out this detailed review of the various sources of information.
Before the race
Mini Transat 2013 Mini Transat http://www.minitransat.fr/
- For the general public, the race village is open every day from 10.00 to 19.00. Information stands, race partners’ stands free access to the pontoons until Friday.
- The Port Museum is open to the public free of charge. Take the opportunity to visit the exhibition dedicated to the Mini Transat including testimonies of the sailors, an exhibition of everyday objects of the race and audiovisual material depicting 36 years of the Mini Transat.
- In the auditorium of the Port Musée, film projections at 18.00.
- Thursday, October 10 : La Minimania reveals what makes the Mini Transat race unique.
- Friday, October 11 : L’homme du Rhum, a documentary tribute to Jean Maurel, who died too soon, on his role as race director.
- Press Room at the Port Musée open daily from 09.00 to 19.00 Closes on Sunday October 13 at 20:00.
- Leaving the Lock at Port Rhu , live commentary on the website from 10.30.
- Commentary starts live on the pier at Rosmeur from 12.45.
- Inshore turning mark in front of l’île Tristan around 13.30.
- Television Live broadcast on France 3 Bretagne from 12.50 to 13.20.
- Retransmission of the departures from the dock and the race start on the website
- 13.00 start of the Mini Transat 2013
- 13.00 launch of the virtual regatta on Virtual Regatta.
During the race
Race facts: on social media
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/dzcourses
- Twitter : @MiniTransat2013 and #MiniTransat2013
- Dailymotion : http://www.dailymotion.com/hub/xyqt
- Analysis : On the website
of the race
- An overnight summary around 09:00 (French time)
- Daily weather information
- News briefing
- A press release at 18.00
- An evening briefing including the standings at 20.00
- The tracking updates 08:00, 12:00, 16.00 and 20.00.
- A daily update on the general mood of the fleet from PSP Cormoran (first leg)
- Images and sounds on the first leg
- Free images provided by Jacques Vapillon, official photographer of the race who, thanks to the support of our partner club 'Friends Of the Mini Transat' in the form of sponsorship, has the opportunity to track the competitors on this first leg and make exclusive images of the racing.
- Audio recordings with the competitors provided from the PSP Cormorant depending on available opportunities to rendezvous with the boats.
- Permanent base in Douarnenez
- Maison du Nautisme, Quai de l’Yser, Port de Tréboul
· Estimated Arrivals from 22 to 26 October
· Press center open from October 21 to November 9, Puerto Calero from 09.00 to 19.00
· Closed on Saturday, November 9 at 20h
· Open 24/24 for arrivals
· Departure from Lanzarote on November 9 at 13h (local time)
Arrival in Pointe -a-Pitre
· Arrivals scheduled between 25 and 30 November
· Press Center open from 21 November to 4 December from 09.00 to 19.00
· Open 24/24 for arrivals
· December 14 at the Paris Boat
Thursday, October 10, 2013 in Douarnenez
10.00 to 19.00 : Village open to the public
10:00 to 18.00. : Exhibition 'The Adventure of the Mini Transat' - Port-Musée / General Public (Free)
11:00 to 12:00 : Culinary Workshop – Espace CCI / General Public
14.00 to 15.00 : Meeting and discussion on the measurement of the Mini organized by the Mini Class - Port-Musée / Skippers , journalists
14.00 to 15.00 : Briefing on the use of the BLU - Auditorium / Skippers
14.30. : Presentation of 10 skippers - Espace CCI / General Public
15.30 to 16.30 : Culinary Workshop - Space CCI / Consumer
16.00 to 18.00 : Mandatory Briefing - Auditorium / Skippers , journalists
17.30 to 18.30 : Registration for café de la Marine du Télégramme - Yacht Club Longueteau / General Public
18.00 : Maritime Film ' La Minimania ' by Nicolas Raynaud - Auditorium / General Public
19.00 : Official Reception and Prize Giving for the Prologue 'Everything Starts in Finistère ' - Salle des fêtes / Skippers, partners, journalists
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/115596