Marina winners announced at industry celebration- Marine13
by Marine13 on 1 May 2013
The Marina Industries Association (MIA) awards have been announced at Marine13 in Sydney. The awards are for the 2013/14 period and based on performance over the previous financial year period.
A splendid celebration at the salubrious Doltone House Jeni Bone
MIA President Andrew Chapman said the awards have been very well supported by industry with 43 submissions received.
'Congratulations to not only the winners but to all entrants in these awards that have attracted strong support nationally and internationally. The awards celebrate industry best practice and provide a benchmark for other businesses to aspire to.'
The Award winners and categories are:
• Soldiers Point Marina, NSW - Commercial Marina Up To 140 Boats
• Mackay Marina Village , QLD – Commercial Marina - 140 Plus Boats
• Marina at Keppel Bay, Singapore – International Marina
• Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, NSW – Highly Commended, Club Marina
• Sandringham Yacht Club, Vic – Club Marina
• Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Marina Industry – John Spragg, Bellingham Marine Australia
• Hillarys Boat Harbour, WA - Public Boat Harbour
• Soldiers Point Marina, NSW - Most Innovative Marketing
• Marina at Keppel Bay, Singapore - Best Environmental Initiative
• Soldiers Point Marina, NSW - Best Community Engagement Initiative
• Sandringham Yacht Club, Vic - Highly Commended, Marina Restaurant
• Southport Yacht Club, Qld - Best Marina Restaurant
• Bellingham Marine Australia - Best Marina Innovation by Supplier
• Fenwicks Marina, NSW - Highly Commended, Best Marina Boat Yard
• Gold Coast City Marina, Qld - Best Marina Boat Yard
• Darren Wilkinson, M-Tech - Outstanding New Employee - Supplier
• Doug Taylor, Royal Motor Yacht Club Broken Bay - Best Marina Employee People's Choice.
The People's Choice Award attracted hundreds of online voters in support of staff from 26 marinas.
Darrell Barnett CMM, Marina Manager of Soldiers Point Marina said of the win: 'We are thrilled to have received this highly regarded and coveted Australian 'Marina of the Year' award for the third time.'
Soldiers Point Marina was Australian Marina of the Year 2011/2012. The Award recognises excellence in the provision of marina services, facilities and operations.
The judging criteria covered the marina's goals and objectives, business performance, customer service and satisfaction; marketing, environmental responsibility and risk management; staff training, industry and community involvement and other accomplishments.
'Soldiers Point Marina was also awarded the winner in two new categories: 'Best Community Engagement Initiative' and 'Most Innovative Marketing by a Marina', so we have grabbed the trifecta,' Mr Barnett said.
'A big thank you to the principal awards sponsors, Club Marine, and the MIA and also to the principal hosts of the Marine13 Conference, the BIAA and the MIA,' he added.
More at www.marine13.com
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/109014