Juniorsail fun camp at Mounts Bay Sailing Club
by Yachting WA on 4 Aug 2011
Juniorsail, the fun camp especially for kids, will be held on the 3rd and 4th September 2011 at Mounts Bay Sailing Club.
Juniorsail fun camp 2011 .
Juniorsail is a special two day, one night residential development camp (sleep-over) for all junior sailors. The annual Yachting WA development camp has been conducted for over 25 years and caters for all young sailors of varying capability in a variety of classes including but not limited to: Mudlark, Manly Junior, Flying Ant, Minnow and Pelicans. Due to numbers Optimist have their own camp.
The aim is to have fun (and lots of it !!)
• develop the skills of younger sailors through instruction and guidance from qualified Yachting WA instructors in a secure and fun environment
• encourage and integrate young sailors to meet, socialise and develop their sailing skills with peers away from the comfort zone of their own club and family surroundings
• to familiarise the young sailors with their boat
• to understand their own competency encouraging greater independence and self sufficiency leading to increased confidence and an enhanced enjoyment of the sport.
• finally, to provide the challenge to exercise their enhanced skills.
• broaden their exposure to other classes of boats.
Sailors must be able to:
• provide and rig their own boat
• confidently leave the shore and sail around a small course (speed/style is not
a criteria) under supervision but not direction.
• swim 50m
• participate without parental reliance and presence
• be confident to sleep away from home at night
For further information or to enroll your young sailor, please contact Yachting WA Office on 9386 Yachting WA website
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/86766