Sail-World.com : Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe National Championships 2012
Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe National Championships 2012
'Hobie 16s start - Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe Australian Hobie Cat National Championships 2012'
Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe Australian Hobie Cat National Championships 2012 -has wrapped up at Port Melbourne Yacht Club.
61 races over five Days was conducted by PRO Garry Hosie and the PMYC race management team - a marathon effort
On the final afternoon the Hobie 16 series headed out in dropping breeze as the day heated up and the sea breeze and northerly fought each other. Jets skis and powerboats flying around and through the fleet just prior to the start and after did make for some challenging chop!
Having already completed 12 heats run in consistent breezes Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin (NSW) were leading the series with a four point buffer to Cam Owen and Susan Ferris ( WA) .
Unfortunately the wind continued to drop on the final day, although relatively steady in terms of direction. Jerome LeGal and Andy – current World Champions from New Caledonia won the race with Mick Butler – Vincentia NSW in second followed by Cam Owen and Susie Ferris. Jason & Lisa protecting their position just behind in fourth place.
The racing was then called for the day, which meant victory for Jason Waterhouse and Lisa Darmanin! Cam Owen and Susie Ferris only three points behind.
Overall Results H16
1. Jason Waterhouse & Lisa Darmanin (NSW) 26.0 4,5,1,1,3,(10)1,1,2,(10),2,1,5
2. Cam Owen Susan Ferris (WA) 29.0 3,1,8,2,1,2,4,2,(8),1,(35DNF),4,1,
3. Jerome Le Gal & Andy Dinsdale (Noumea) 35 1,2,3,5,(12),7,5,(12),3,2,1,2,4
4. Darren Smith & Josie Mark (WA)
5. James Wierzbowski & Pip Petromonaco (VIC)
Lisa Darmanin and Jason Waterhouse after winning 2013 Hobie 16 Nationals - Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe Australian Hobie Cat National Championships 2012 - Sally Waterhouse Click Here to view large photo
Earlier that morning in 5-8 knots Brett White (Wild cat) completed the 12 race series with all firsts, Dave Howard hot on his heels in the Tiger.
Overall Results Wildcat/Tiger
1. Brett White & Lachie White (NSW) 10.0
2. David Howard and Andrew Pritchard (VIC) 22.0
3. Bob Shahinger Carina Cartwright (SA) 25.0
Richard Quinn and daughter Rachel in the H18 pulled out two firsts to take a narrow win on the final day from Peter and Aimee Walker.
1. Richard Quinn & Rachal Quinn (NSW) 24.0
2. Peter Walker & Aimee Walker (NSW) 25.0
3. Jake de Rooy & Rohan Gilmore (NSW) 29.0
Glen Lazzar in the Hobie 17 also extended their lead by another couple of firsts.
In the ISAF Youth Series Paul Darmanin and Lucy Copeland had a first and second in the last session of racing, however with such a strong performance over the week they were relatively untouchable coming into the last session.
1. Glen Lazzar (VIC) 13.0
2. Ron McDonald (VIC) 21.0
3. Nick Bacon (VIC) 31.0
Within the Main H6 fleet the Youth and the Masters were fighting it out for Division trophies. The ISAF Youths all backed up daily to sail both series completing 25 races over 5 days – a mighty effort.
H16 Youth & ISAF Youth Champions Paul Darmanin & Lucy Copeland
H16 U21 Youths
1. Paul Darmanin & Lucy Copeland (NSW) 19
2. Thomas Dupont & Martin Anfosso (Noumea) 21
3. Enguerrand Thomas & Cyraique Thomas (Noumea) 27
1. Paul Darmanin Lucy Copeland (NSW) 26.0
2. Thomas Dupont, Martin Anfosso (Noumea) 29.0
3. Michelle Bursa & Chelsea Haynes (VIC) 35.0
H16 Youth & ISAF Youth Champions Paul Darmanin & Lucy Copeland - Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe Australian Hobie Cat National Championships 2012 - Sally Waterhouse Click Here to view large photo
1. Mick Butler & Patrick Butler (NSW) 19.0
2. Murray Woodhead & Tayla Woodhead (WA) 22.0
3. Andrew McKenzie & Will McKenzie (NSW) 23.0
H16 Grand Masters
1. Upu Kila & Sarah Copeland ( NSW) 15.0
2. Rod Hodgkin & Lucy Bromell (WA) 19.0
3. Trevor Huges & Angilina (WA) 28.0
Upu Kila and Sarah Copeland - Hobie Cat Australasia & Hogs Breath Cafe Australian Hobie Cat National Championships 2012 - Sally Waterhouse Click Here to view large photo
by Sally Waterhouse
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
9:17 PM Sun 6 Jan 2013GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.
Our Advertisers are committed to our sport, please support them!
This site and its contents are © Copyright TetraMedia Pty. Ltd and/or the original author, photographer etc. All Rights Reserved.
Photographs are copyright by law. If you wish to use or buy a photograph you must contact the photographer directly (there is a hyperlink in most cases to their website, or do a Google search.) with your request.
Please do not contact
as we cannot give permission for use of other photographer’s images.
Only if the photographer named on the image is Sail-world.com, Powerboat-world.com, Marinebusiness-world.com or NZBoating-World.com.
Ph: +61 2 8006 1873
or complete our
[ Banner Advertising Specification
[Bot Archive ]
Customised news feeds -Marine Industry companies, Clubs and Associations have their own customised version of our news feed on their website.