At the 2013 Enel RS:X Youth World Championships, the Race Committee had to cancel today's races because of bad weather conditions. Tomorrow competitors will sail final races which will be followed with a live tracking system.
A rainy day with lightning and almost no wind at the Lega Navale of Civitavecchia, which will host until Saturday 26 October the 2013 ENEL RS:X Youth World Windsurfing Championships for U-19 athletes. Due to bad weather conditions, the Race Committee had to cancel the races scheduled for today. Competitors should have faced the first day of final races: men divided in two fleets (gold and silver) and women in a single fleet.
René Kalff, Class Race Director declared: «Starting from the morning, there were storms on the sea and the wind fell down to two knots in the afternoon. Then, at about 3:00 p.m. wind speed increased again and we could have given the start to some races, but there were still storms in the area and we preferred to cancel the scheduled finals».
Thus everything is postponed to tomorrow, when the Committee will try to give the start to thee races for each fleet. These races will be decisive to qualify for the Medal Race that will be sailed on Saturday and will determine the World Champion. Having seen weather forecast, the first start has been scheduled for 9:30 « We expect good wind conditions until midday – explains René Kalff – and so we decided to move up starting time».
Also live tracking of Sailing and Travel Communications and Seesailing, has been postponed to tomorrow on YouTube channel and on the web TV of Sailing and Travel.
Provisional men's rankings after six races - Top five:
1. Bautista Saubidet Birkner (ARG 401): 1,3,1,(5),1,3 - Tot. 9 points
2. Daniele Benedetti (ITA 60): 2,2,2,2,1,(8) - Tot. 9 points
3. Mattia Camboni (ITA 88): 2,2,1,3,(6),6 - Tot. 14 points
4. Igor De L'Hermite (FRA 22): 4,(11),3,1,5,5 - Tot. 18 points
5. Mayan Rafic (ISR 900): 4,4,5,1,4,(9) - Tot. 18 points
Provisional women's ranking after six races - Top five:
1. Hadar Heller (ISR 9): 2,(7),3,1,3,3 - Tot. 12 points
2. Marta Maggetti (ITA 157): 7,(9),1,3,4,1 - Tot. 16 points
3. Emma Wilson (GBR 961): 6,4,5RDG,(21),10,2 - Tot. 27 points
4. Maelle Guilbaud (FRA 551): (dnc),2,2,11,6,8 - Tot. 29 points
5. Sara Lucille Wennekes (NED 203): 3,(19),6,7,12,9 - Tot. 37 points
by RSX CLASS
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
10:48 AM Fri 25 Oct 2013GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.