Day 3 at the Delta Lloyd Regatta for the ISAF Sailing World Cup
by Sail-World.com on 30 May 2009
Day 3 at the Delta Lloyd Regatta for the ISAF Sailing World Cup in Medemblik, Netherlands. Olympic Champion Paul Goodison (GBR) held on to his lead in the Laser class at this Delta Lloyd Regatta with a consistent 3, 3, 6 from his three races to keep on track for a second straight World Cup victory. In second is Tonci Stipanovic (CRO) and Nick Thompson in third.
49er Fleet - ISAF Sailing World Cup in Medemblik, Netherlands Thom Touw © http://www.thomtouw.com
In the heavyweight Finn fleet, Palma World Cup gold medallist Giles Scott (GBR) holds firm at the top of the leaderboard in spite of picking his only double figures result of the regatta so far, but Ed Wright (GBR) still has his eye on the gold after 4, 1 from his races today sees Skandia Team GBR occupy the top two spots in the fleet with two days left to run.
Morgan Lagraviere and Yann Rocherieux (FRA) lead the 49er event with John Pink and Rick Peacock (GBR) – silver medallists at the Miami and Palma World Cup events – in second place and Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen (AUS) third in a competitive 49er fleet.
In the 470 women’s fleet, Ai Kondo and Wakako Tabata (JPN) lead the Spanish pair, Tara Pacheco and Berta Betanzos, with Giulia Conti and Micol Giovanna (ITA) in third place.
In the men's 470, Lucas Calabrese and Juan de la Fuente (ARG) lead with two Dutch teams chasing.
Britain's Lucy Macgregor, Annie Lush and Ali Martin sewed up the round-robin stage of the women’s match racing event, emerging as leaders with a 75% win record going into the quarter-finals stage. There they took on the second British boat, helmed by Mary Rook, and booked their berth in Saturday’s semis with a 3-0 victory of their compatriots.
Britain's Nick Dempsey found good pace on the RS:X windsurfing course today, with a second and a first keeping him in the race for a third straight World Cup medal. He’s fourth overall, just four points off of the top spot. Leader is Casper Bouman of the Netherlands, with Piotr Myszka of Poland in second.
ISAF Sailing World Cup in Medemblik, Netherlands - Results:
Finn (after 5 races)
1. Giles Scott, GBR (9pts)
2. Ed Wright, GBR (16pts)
3. Zach Railey, USA (16pts)
Laser (after 8 races)
1. Paul Goodison, GBR (18pts)
2. Tonci Stipanovic, CRO (23pts)
3. Nick Thompson (29pts)
470 Men (after 8 races)
1. Lucas Calabrese-Juan de la Fuente, ARG (19pts)
2. Steven le Fevre-Steven Krol, NED (20pts)
3. Sven Coster-Kalle Coster, NED (25pts)
470 Women (after 6 races)
1. Ai Kondo-Wakako Tabata, JPN (16pts)
2. Tara Pacheco-Berta Betanzos, ESP (18pts)
3. Giulia Conti-Micol Giovanna, ITA (20pts)
49er (after 8 races)
1. Morgan Lagraviere-Yann Rocherieux, FRA (39pts)
2. John Pink-Rick Peacock, GBR (43pts)
3. Nathan Outteridge-Iain Jensen, AUS (44pts)
Laser Radial (after 9 races)
1. Alberte hol Lindberg, DEN (57pts)
2. Veronika Fenclova, CZE (66pts)
3. Paige Railey, USA (73pts)
RS:X Men (after 6 races)
1. Casper Bouman, NED (8pts)
2. Piotr Myszka, POL (10pts)
3. Dorian van Rijsselberge, NED (11pts)
Women’s Match Racing – Quarter-finals
Lucy Macgregor (GBR) bt Mary Rook (GBR) 3-0
Ulrike Schueman (GER) bt Silke Hahlbrock (GER) 3-1
Anne Helley (FRA) bt Annalies Thies (NED) 3-2
Anne-claire Le Berre (FRA) bt Lucinda Whitty (AUS) 3-0
Star (after 5 races)
1. Robert Scheidt-Bruno Prada, BRA (7pts)
2. Alexander Schlonski-Frithjof Kleen, NED (12pts)
3. Mark Mendelblatt-Mark Strube, GER (13pts)
2.4mR (after 6 races)
1.Thierry Schmitter, NED (7 pts)
2. Andre Rademaker, NED (10pts)
3. Megan Pascoe (13pts)
Racing continues through until Sunday 31 May
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/57282