Class 40 and IMOCA 60 fleets to dock in Newport
by Atlantic Cup on 14 Mar 2014
For the very first time in the United States, the top two offshore short-handed classes in the world will be together in Newport, Rhode Island. From May 19-24th, the Class 40 and IMOCA 60 fleets will be docked at the Newport Shipyard for what will be a great opportunity for any offshore sailing fan to get an up close look at these racing machines.
2013 Atlantic Cup Billy Black http://www.BillyBlack.com
The IMOCA 60s are the big brother to the Class 40 (the boats in the Atlantic Cup). The 60s will be preparing for their prologue race to Newport in advance of the Ocean Masters NY-BCN race departing New York City June 1st. The Class 40s, of course, will be at the Shipyard gearing up for the inshore series of the Atlantic Cup presented by 11th Hour Racing.
Mark your calendars and make a point to visit Newport as this is a not to be missed opportunity for anyone who is a fan of offshore racing!
- May 18th: Approximate arrival of 60s and Atlantic Cup fleet finishing Leg 2
- May 19th - 23rd: Both fleets at the Newport Shipyard. Fans are encouraged to stop by and visit.
- May 22nd: newportFILM hosts an evening of movie shorts at the Newport Shipyard.
- May 24th: Atlantic Cup Inshore Racing day one and start of the Ocean Masters NY-BCN prologue race to New York City.
- May 25th: Atlantic Cup Inshore Racing day two in Newport. Finish of the Ocean Masters NY-BCN prologue race in New York City.
For more info on the Ocean Masters NY-BCN click here
For more info on all of the Atlantic Cup events click here