ASMEX 2012 – the Australian Superyacht and Marine Export Conference
by Victoria Smith SYBA/AIMEX on 13 Dec 2011
Planning of the 2012 Australian Superyacht and Marine Export Conference (ASMEX) is well underway following a successful conference in 2011.
ASMEX Conference 2011 AIMEX ©
The Australian International Marine Export Group and Superyacht Australia look forward to advising the industry of key developments and further progressing and promoting the Australian Superyacht and marine export industries.
The Australian Superyacht and Marine Export Industry Conference is a 2 day event (22-23 May 2012) and will t bring together key industry stakeholders: boat builders, Captains, owners, service providers and marine industry manufacturers. A key focus of the Superyacht and Marine export industry is promoting Australia as a key cruising destination, highlighting the excellent refit & repair services plus the wide range of quality Superyacht, commercial and leisure boatingproducts and services available in the Australian market.
The conference will address key issues facing the Australian Superyacht and Export industry and explore current and future opportunities in todays economic environment The conference will provide an overview of key global markets and in particular how we can drive more business for our region.
The ASMEX 2012 programme is being currently being finalised with a significant list of industry heavy weights expected to address the conference.
The Australian Superyacht & Export Conference will cover a range of key topics including:
• Update on the Australian Superyacht and export industry
• Discussions regarding the key issues affecting the Australian Superyacht Industry and how Superyacht Australia is working to improve these i.e. GST, Tax, Customs, qualifications, navigation act, Great Barrier Reef, Global Marketing
• Overview of both Federal and State government policies in relation to the marine sector
• Key issues affecting marine industry exporters and how these need to be addressed: i.e. cost of manufacturing, importance of innovation, management of exchange rates, freight/logistics
• Charter/Brokerage issues
• Managing & Marketing your business in todays global economic climate
• Government support- what is available for the marine sector
• The importance of websites and electronic media to promote and profile your business
• Overview of key global markets looking at current market conditions, threats and opportunities
Support for ASMEX 2012 remains strong with the Gold Coast City Council, Business Gold Coast, Department of Innovation, Industry Science and Research (DIISR), Queensland Government, Tourism Australia, Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show and Ocean Media once again involved. Further opportunities are available for businesses looking for a unique and strong brand profile in this market.
ASMEX is also very aware of the current economic climate the industry is operating in and realize that a conference such as this is important for everyone to understand what the opportunities are and how to drive sales in this market. To this end ASMEX have kept the registration fee at a minimum. Registration fees include the social programme which was a highlight in 2011. In 2012 this will include a ‘Poolside’ Welcome Registration Cocktail Party at the Hyatt, Sanctuary Cove, morning teas, lunches, and of course the Conference Dinner which will be in a new and exciting location
Registrations will open on the ninth of January and further information can be found at www.superyacht-australia.com or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/91792