505 World Championship - Pre-Worlds conclude in La Rochelle + Video
by 505 Worlds on 21 Jul 2012
At the 505 World Championship, two races took place amid ideal sailing conditions; sunshine, an average wind speed of twelve knots, and rough seas. The day finished as planned with a fantastic flotilla in the Vieux Port of La Rochelle.
SAP 505 World Championship 2012 - Pre-Worlds Christophe Favreau http://christophefavreau.photoshelter.com/
The 120 strong fleet, led by the FRA 321, an original 5O5 dinghy built in 1956, sailed a course around a buoy at the end of the port, in front of a sizeable crowd. The flag of the 5O5 Class flying proudly from the top of the Chaine tower.
This evening was equally marked by the opening to the 'History of the 505' exhibition, in the gardens of the Maison du Vieux Port, where several of the oldest 5O5 boats will be on show until the end of the SAP 5O5 World Championship on the 27th July.
The day finished with a double prize giving: that of the French International Cup awarded to the highest ranked french team, and the Pre-World prize giving.
Race 5 Results
1. Jan Saugmann / Martin Gorge – DEN 8964
2. Mike Holt / Rob Woelfel – USA 9002
3. Stefan Bohm / Gérald Roos – GER 9035
Race 6 Results
1. Mike Holt / Rob Woelfel – USA 9002
2. Howard Hamlin / Andy Zinn – USA 9080
3. Ian Pinnell / Ian Mitchell – GBR 9094
Overall Pre-World Results
1. Howard Hamlin / Andy Zinn – USA 9080
2. Jens Findel / Johannes Tellen – GER 8875
3. Jan Saugmann / Martin Gorge – DEN 8964
7. Philippe Boite / Pierre-Jean Gallo – FRA 9075
14. Bertrand Loyal / Clément Pequin – FRA 9067
French International Cup Results
1. Philippe Boite / Pierre-Jean Gallo – FRA 9075
2. Bertrand Loyal / Clément Pequin – FRA 9067
3. Hervé De Kergariou / Basile Geron – FRA 505 Worlds website
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/99953