Warsash SC has announced the dates for the 2013 Brooks Macdonald Warsash Spring Series. Six Sundays are earmarked for the main Series, with starts in the central Solent. These are 17th and 24th March and seventh, 14th, 21st and 28th April 2013. There is a week’s break over Easter.
The dates for the Brooks Macdonald Warsash Spring Championship, with racing on Saturday and Sunday, are 20th/21st and 27th/28th April 2013.
With its 120-strong team of members involved in running the event, Warsash Sailing Club aims to provide first-class, well-run racing afloat and a friendly welcome ashore with good value for money for competitors. The event will follow the usual popular format with some innovations:
• New for 2013 – All Black Group classes can enter the Spring Championship,
• New for 2013 – J/70 class, racing in White Group,
• Entry fees kept at the same level for the fourth year running,
• Black Group classes: Four IRC handicap, Sigma 38, J/109,
• White Group classes: J/70, J/80, SB20, Mixed Sportsboats,
• '45 foot' class for Spring Championship,
• Special mooring deals for visitors to the River Hamble.
Nigel Colebrooke, Commodore, said: 'We welcome Brooks Macdonald on board for the thirtieth anniversary of our premier early-season racing event. Brooks Macdonald has sponsored other sports locally and we are so pleased Warsash Sailing Club has been chosen for their first involvement with sailing in Hampshire.'
John Wallace, Regional Office Director of the Brooks Macdonald Hampshire office said: 'We are delighted to be the official sponsors of the Warsash Spring Series of races and look forward to helping to get the 2013 sailing calendar of events off to a flying start.'
Enquiries regarding the event can be made to email@example.com.
Warsash Spring Series website
by Flavia Bateson
Click on the FB Like link to post this story to your FB wall
4:10 PM Tue 27 Nov 2012GMT
Click here for printer friendly version
Click here to send us feedback or comments about this story.