sail-world.com -- RYA Club Clinics to provide perfect opportunity for clubs
RYA Club Clinics to provide perfect opportunity for clubs
Tue, 5 Feb 2013
If your club is seeking advice on legal issues, tips on increasing club membership or perhaps wants to know more about club racing, then the new RYA Club Clinics at the RYA Dinghy Show will provide the perfect opportunity to ask the burning questions.
Taking place at Alexandra Palace, London over the weekend of 2-3 March 2013, the new clinics will offer 1-2-1 sessions with leading RYA experts, where you can relax over a cup of coffee and discuss the issues facing your club.
The 30 minute sessions will run throughout the weekend on a number of different topics:
· Legal advice with RYA Legal and Government Affairs Manager, Gus Lewis or Legal Advisor, Joanna Welch
· Technical advice; from Portsmouth Yardstick to Equipment Rules Guidance with RYA Technical Co-ordinator, Andy Wibroe
· Club development; increasing membership and participation with one of the RYA’s Regional Development Officers (Andy Hooper or Sally Kilpatrick)
· Race Officials with Chris Watts , RYA Race Officials Education Officer
· Youth and Junior Racing; with one of the RYA’s High Performance Managers (Chris Blackburn or Paul Wren)
· How to make disability plain sailing with Debbie Blachford, Sailibility Manager
· How to save water, energy and money at the same time with The Green Blue
'We are delighted to be running these sessions for the very first time at the RYA Dinghy Show. We know that all clubs are unique and have different challenges to face, so these clinics will give people the opportunity to receive information and advice which is specific to their needs' explains Jackie Bennetts, RYA Volunteer Development Officer.
'Each session will host up to four people per club and with booking on a first come, first served basis we would encourage people to book their sessions as soon as possible' she concluded.
All clubs that book onto clinics will receive two free tickets to the show.
For more information visit www.rya.org.uk/go/clubclinics and to book a club clinic e-mail email@example.com with details of the clinic you wish to attend. Sessions are booked on a first come first served basis and are limited to one session per club.
For more information about the RYA Dinghy Show and to book your tickets visit www.dinghyshow.org.uk or call the ticket hotline on 0844 858 9069.