Simrad’s plug-and-play IS15 wind instrument system has been specifically designed for mid-range to high-end sail and power boats.
Simrad’s IS15 plug and play wind instruments
With a selection of six different instrument heads, IS15 presents useful information via multi-function digital and dedicated analogue instruments, dependant upon the requirements of each boat.
One of the greatest advantages of the system is that it can be built-up over a period of time. As the instruments self-configure to read from the connected sensors, there’s also no need for considerable technical knowledge or lengthy and costly installation procedures.
The robust IS15 system is comprised of:
- IS15 Wind – a clear analogue display of apparent wind direction with precise readout of wind speed, which makes for more efficient sailing;
- IS15 Tack – a magnified wind display, which helps show the smallest wind shifts and allows even closer sailing to windward;
- IS15 Compass – clear 360° analogue and exact digital heading readout, with a lock-to-course function that gives an accurate course and deviation indicator;
- IS15 Multi – ideal as a dedicated instrument for any data to be read at distance in the cockpit or on the mast;
- IS15 Combi – corresponding data is arranged on display screens in groups: speed, log, depth, wind and navigation;
- IS15 Rudder – this rudder indicator can be used as a standalone indicator or part of the autopilot system accurately showing the rudder position at all times.
Simrad’s IS15 instruments are also available in round units, which can be front or back-mounted, to suit all styles of boat dashboard and sailboat cockpits. IS15 instrument RRPs start at $770.
Navico – (07) 5523 6500 / 1300 784 244 or visit: www.simradyachting.com