Scorpion UK National Championship 2012, organised by Paignton Sailing Club in conjunction with the National Scorpion Class Association, is being held in Paignton, Devon from 18th to 24th August. The Nationals are shaping up to be a great event with lots of sailors, sponsors and socials all ready to go. We already have lots of entries including six Lady helms, nine Lady crews, one First nationals and four boats aged 25+ for some of the special prize categories (it’s not just those guys out the front that get them you know!).
Scorpion UK Nationals 2011, Tenby
They’ll be competing for their prizes through a week of nine races with a crew’s race thrown in for the crews to get a go at steering and show the helms how it’s done. The races will also have prizes from our event sponsors, including Harken, Gul and Allen.
There are some great socials lined up for the week and here is the provisional info:
• Sat – Briefing 6pm, Commodores Reception 7pm
• Sun – Rules update 6.30pm (just to make sure you’re on the ball!), Beach games 7.30pm
• Mon – Treasure hunt 7pm, Quiz 8.30pm
• Tues – AGM 6.30pm, Scorpions Got Talent 8.30 pm (hope you’ve got your dancing dogs and breakdancing skills ready)
• Wed –Night off
• Thurs – Fancy dress ‘Flags’ (Romeo and Juliet, Yankees, anything you can think of!) and live band 8pm
• Fri – Prize giving 6pm
Plus, we’ll have Daily prizes at 9pm and Pecker prize at 10pm (don’t forget to look out for some Pecker nominations, they’re rolling in already).
There are, of course, still entries available so if you fancy coming down then please enter via our website. Early entry discounts last until July 31st with entry £190 and concessional price £130.
National Scorpion Class Association website