The Mini Transat got underway on Tuesday, October 29 at 9:19 (local time ) in a building wind of about 12 knots, gusting up towards 30.
Mini Transat 2013 day 1
Numbers 816 (Richard Hewson, RG650.com), 198 (Sébastien Picault Kickers) and 667 (Benoît Marie, benoitmarie.com) claimed the best starts. Everything went well under clear skies and with farily rough seas (about 1.50m swell). The committee boat end was favoured.
Two incidents to note
- N° 850 ( Stan Maslard, Sefico Group ) returned to port to a technical problem. The repair is underway.
- A collision between 587 and 791 forced both boats return to port. The two competitors do not yet know whether they will be able to return to the race.
How to follow the first hours of the race
- On social networks : Twitter and Facebook
- Twitter : @MiniTransat2013 and #MiniTransat
- Facebook : Mini Transat
- During the first ten miles of the race, the position tacking map will be updated every ten minutes.
- On the home page of the Mini Transat web site, watch the boats pass through the Raz de Sein via the Semaphore webcam at the Raz .