by Penny Robins
Twenty commercial mooring locations at the western end of Berrys Bay, Sydney are available for short-term use following the vacation and removal of commercial mooring apparatus by Woodleys earlier in the year.
NSW Maritime Logo
The mooring locations are available for short-term use only (two years plus possible extension) as they are to be made available to the developer of the Berrys Bay Maritime Precinct once the precinct becomes operational.
NSW Maritime is seeking expressions of interest for one operator to be issued with Commercial Mooring Licences for all 20 moorings, in accordance with the commercial mooring apparatus, buoys and maintenance conditions outlined on NSW Maritime’s website. The successful operator will be required to:
• Acquire and install new mooring apparatus at all sites at no cost to NSW Maritime;
• Enter into a licence for the sites from NSW Maritime and pay the commercial mooring establishment fee and annual fee to NSW Maritime for each site. For information, the current establishment fee is $106 per site and the annual licence fee is $469 p.a.;
• Pay NSW Maritime no less than 50 % of the revenue earned from the sites;
• Maintain and operate the sites during the period of the licence at no cost to NSW Maritime;
• Remove the mooring apparatus at the end of the licence period at no cost to NSW Maritime or arrange to sell / transfer the apparatus to the Maritime Precinct developer.
Interested parties are required to provide their:
• Name and ABN
• Contact details
• Location of operating premises
• Background and experience in managing or operating berthing or mooring sites
• Indicative size and type of craft that would moor at this location.
Those parties short-listed would then be asked to provide a financial offer to NSW Maritime.
NSW Maritime reserves the right to accept any proposal. The selection of an operator will be based on the nominated return to NSW Maritime and the ability of operator to maintain and service the moorings.
Registrations of interest may be either posted to Michael Freeland, Strategic Projects Manager, Strategic Development, NSW Maritime, Locked Bag 5100, Camperdown NSW 1450, or emailed as a signed pdf to email@example.com by 2pm on 18 July 2011.
NSW Maritime website