Further race Schedule Changes agreed by Challengers

Scenes like these for almost the whole of the opening week of the Louis Vuitton Cup, have triggered substantial changes to the racing program

The Challenger Commission for the 32nd America's Cup (“CC”) met at the call of the Chair, Alessandra Pandarese (ITA) of Mascalzone Latino Capitalia Team, at the ACM offices in Valencia from 1800 to 2030 last evening, Saturday 21 April. Representatives of ten of the eleven Challengers were present. Apologies were received from +39.Main decisions and points of discussion:+ Decisions at the previous CC meeting were affirmed -- RR1 Flights 3 and 4 are scheduled for Sunday, 5 and 6 for Monday, etc. Flights postponed to a later date would be raced the next day(s) and in sequence with the balance of the schedule pushed back accordingly. The Regatta Director would adjust the pairing list (in consultation with CC reps) as necessary from day to day to minimize if not eliminate course swapping between Flights on a given day, and to otherwise avoid a big casino with respect to the equalization of other factors as between all Challengers (use of the north inner course, MDS buoyed courses, etc.).+ The Regatta Director's proposal for the schedule of racing for RR2 (one race per day beginning Fri 27 Apr) was supported with the following caveats:++ There should be no "Off Day" between RR1 and RR2. RR2, with one race per day scheduled, should begin the day after the last day of racing for RR2. If RR1 racing is further delayed, the start of RR2 would be delayed accordingly.++ The RR1 "No Change Period" should end at 2100 on the last day of RR1 racing, and begin for RR2 at 0800 the next day (first day of RR2 racing).++ Two additional reserve days should be added to the end of RR2 (May 9 and 10). Any RR2 races that are postponed to a later date would be rescheduled as the first of two flights the next day only if and when all but one of the scheduled reserve days has been taken up with postponed race(s).++ The start of the Semi-finals should be delayed one day to 15 May. The "No Change Period" for the Semifinals should begin at 0800 on 15 May instead of 24 hours before the warning signal for the first race.Under the various rules that govern the LVC, schedule changes must be agreed by the Challenger Commission and ACM. At the end of last evening's meeting, the ACM COO said by phone that he was not prepared to approve the above changes to the Regatta Director's proposal for RR2.The CC was unanimous and adamant that all eleven teams must be afforded an opportunity to race in a fair and proper Louis Vuitton Cup regatta.The CC Chair and Chair of the NOR Working Party would consult further with the Regatta Director and ACM officials on Sunday and report back to the CC. With wind forecasts Sunday through Wednesday not promising for getting the scheduled two races per day completed, and ACM's apparent unwillingness to cooperate with the CC, it was likely the CC would need to meet again Sunday evening or Monday to consider further options and initiatives to ensure a fair and proper regatta.