Gold for Tatiana Drizdovskaya, BLR in the Laser Radial at Delta Lloyd Regatta
The first medal race of the Delta Lloyd Regatta – the fifth leg of the ISAF Sailing World Cup, the 470 Mens event was won by the French pair Pierre Leboucher and Vincent Garos, with the local Dutch duo of Sven Coster-Kalle Coster in claiming silver and Argentina’s Lucas Calabrese-Juan de la Feunte bronze.
In the Laser Radial final medal race, which was also held on Saturday evening, Gold went to Tatiana Drizdovskaya (BLR) with Alberte hol Lindberg (DEN) second and Veronika Fenclova (CZE) third.
Olympic Champion and Hyeres World Cup winner Paul Goodison remains the man to beat in the Laser fleet, in spite of a 36th from his first race of the day after getting caught by a large windshift and overstanding the turning mark. Tonci Stipanovic (CRO) is in second and Milan Vujasinovic (CRO) is third.
Britain's Nick Thompson is three points off of the medal positions, currently in fourth so will be pushing to make it two British sailors on the podium in the single-handed class Sunday.
Giles Scott and Ed Wright will fight it out for gold in the Finn class. Just three points separate the team mates, and with both having shown good form at previous World Cup events – Scott won the Palma leg, and Wright secured gold in Miami, and silvers from Palma and Hyeres – there’ll certainly be a tough battle between them on the Ijsselmeer on Sunday. Ivan Kjlakovic Gaspic, (CRO) is in the bronze medal place.
In the 49er fleet, Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen of Australia have a ten point lead over Pietro and Gianfranco Sibello of Italy and Paul Campbell James and Mark Asquith (GBR) are currently third, just one point ahead of Chris Draper and Peter Greenhalgh in fourth and three points ahead of fifth-placed Stevie Morrison and Ben Rhodes (both GBR).
Lucy Macgregor, Annie Lush and Ali Martin (GBR) are in control at the start of the semi-finals for the women’s match racing, where they take on the French team helmed by Anne-claire Le Berre.
Everything to fight for in the Star class, where Robert Scheidt and Bruno Prada (BRA) are tied on points with Alexander Schlonski and Frithjof Kleen of the Netherlands. Frederik Loof and Johan Tillander of Sweden are in third place.
Delta Lloyd Regatta – ISAF Sailing World Cup Results:
470 Men (final)
1. Pierre Leboucher-Vincent Garos, FRA (58pts)
2. Sven Coster-Kalle Coster, NED (58pts)
3. Lucas Calabrese-Juan de la Fuente, ARG (59pts)
Laser Radial (final)
1. Tatiana Drizdovskaya, BLR (106pts)
2. Alberte hol Lindberg, DEN (106pts)
3. Veronika Fenclova, CZE (110pts)
Finn (after 7 races)
1. Giles Scott, GBR (18pts)
2. Ed Wright, GBR (21pts)
3. Ivan Kjlakovic Gaspic, CRO (32pts)
Laser (after 11 races)
1. Paul Goodison, GBR (37pts)
2. Tonci Stipanovic, CRO (42pts)
3. Milan Vujasinovic, CRO (59pts)
470 Women (after 9 races)
1. Ai Kondo-Wakako Tabata, JPN (16pts)
2. Emmanuelle Rol-Helene Defrance, FRA (44pts)
3. Giulia Conti-Micol Giovanna, ITA (44pts)
49er (after 11 races)
1. Nathan Outteridge-Iain Jensen, AUS (55pts)
2. Pietro Sibello-Gianfranco Sibello, ITA (66pts)
3. Paul Campbell James-Mark Asquith, GBR (70pts)
RS:X Men (after 6 races)
1. Piotr Myszka, POL (12pts)
3. Dorian van Rijsselberge, NED (20pts)
3. Ricardo Santos, BRA (24pts)
Women’s Match Racing – Semi-final line-up
Lucy Macgregor (GBR) vs Anne-claire Le Berre (FRA)
Ulrike Schueman (GER) vs Anne Helley (FRA)
Star (after 7 races)
1. Robert Scheidt-Bruno Prada, BRA (15pts)
2. Alexander Schlonski-Frithjof Kleen, NED (15pts)
3.Frederik Loof-Johan Tillander, SWE (28pts)
2.4mR (after 9 races)
1.Thierry Schmitter, NED (12 pts)
2. Andre Rademaker, NED (20pts)
3. Megan Pascoe (21pts)
Racing at the Delta Lloyd Regatta concludes on Sunday 31 May. For the final day schedule, live tracking from the medal races and full results, visit http://www.skandiateamgbr.com/events/hollandreg/Pages/hollreg.aspx