Thursday 31 July 2014
sail-world.com -- America's Cup: Two-Boat, or not Two-boat? Coutts asks the questions
America's Cup: Two-Boat, or not Two-boat? Coutts asks the questions
Tue, 10 Jun 2014
After the cacophony of outrage, mainly from his native New Zealand, where everyone has an opinion on the America's Cup, Oracle Team USA's CEO, Russell Coutts puts a few questions to the AC fans.
Five really hard questions to answer for anyone listening to one sided NZ media:
1. Which boat does the Defender train against while the Challengers are racing in their Semi finals and Finals?
2. Is the Defender allowed to race either of its two boats or is it restricted to racing only it's first boat built?
3. Do the two Defenders boats have to be identical?
4. For how much time is the Defender allowed to sail it's two boats together?
5. Does the Defender get any extra components (such as wings, daggerboards, sails etc) or are they restricted to the same number as the Challengers?
You can see the responses, and add your view on Russell Coutts' Facebook page by clicking here
Of course, Russell is forgetting the point that he wants the Defender to have two boats, as well as sail in the Challenger Selection Series in the Qualification Round.