AC World Series Naples - Artemis back on the water on day 2
by Artemis Racing on 13 Apr 2012
At the America’s Cup World Series in Naples, it was a full team effort to repair and replace the severely damaged wing to get Artemis Racing back out on the water today following on from yesterday’s capsize.
April 12th 2011, AC45 World Series Naples. Second day of Racing. Sander van der Borch / Artemis Racing © http://www.sandervanderborch.com
Leaving the dock this morning Skipper Terry Hutchinson said: 'We're a little bit tired. But happy we have a wing back in the boat. Hats off to the guys for the effort that they put in last night. The shore crew worked from about 1800 onwards for the whole night.'
In the first match race of the event, Hutchinson led the team to a clear victory over the Chinese. Artemis Racing will now line up against number one ranked Emirates Team New Zealand tomorrow morning for a slot in Saturday’s semi-finals.
In the fleet racing, the team took a third place, followed by seventh having incurred a penalty in a tussle with Team Korea.
'We were going well today, but in the second race we copped a penalty, although we were quite a distance from them. Looking forward to racing again tomorrow,' said Hutchinson.
Racing continues tomorrow through Sunday at the America’s Cup World Series in Naples.
Fleet Racing Championship - Provisional Standings Day Two (after four races):
1. Emirates Team New Zealand (Skipper: Dean Barker); 38 points
2. Oracle Racing - Spithill (Skipper: James Spithill); 29 points
3. Luna Rossa - Piranha (Helmsman: Chris Draper); 27 points
4. Team Korea (Skipper: Nathan Outteridge); 27 points
5. Energy Team (Skipper: Yann Guichard); 25 points
6. Luna Rossa - Swordfish (Helmsman: Paul Campbell-James); 24 points
7. Oracle Racing - Bundock (Skipper: Darren Bundock); 16 points
8. Artemis Racing (Skipper: Terry Hutchinson); 12 points
9. China Team (Skipper: Fred Le Peutrec); 4 points
Match Racing Championship – Provisional Results:
Q1 - Artemis Racing beat China Team
QF1 - Oracle Racing Bundock beat Oracle Racing Spithill
QF2 - Luna Rossa Piranha beat Team Korea
Artemis Racing website