by Sail Canada
Day three at the Canada Summer Games was another action packed day for fleets on sunny and shifty Petit Lac Magog!
BC’s Natalie Montemayor feeling the squeeze by Ontario’s Bronwyn Richardson and Manitoba’s Emma Williams in the Radial Female race during day three of the Canada Summer Games 2013
In the Female Radial, teams are pushing each other around the racecourse with majority of the fleet closing in on each mark rounding together. BC, NS, QC, ON and MB – these top five are performing so close together throughout the races now!
Alberta’s Hanny Buitenwerf did not compete today due to injury.
In the Mixed 2.4mR Para, Saskatchewan’s Joe Gerlinsky performed remarkably today with a 1-3-1!
In the Male Laser, Ontario’s Ian Hill shone in race 9 with his first Games’ race win!
Day’s end today brought a bit of a shake up to the top three standings in each fleet:
1. ON – Jean-Matthieu Bolland and Benjamin Strickland
2. BC – Ryan Wood and Lloyd Lyall
3. NS - Gregory Simms and Devan Dube
1. QC – Florence Pépin-Delhaes and Virginie Lavallée-Corbeill
2. BC – Madison Innes and Sophie Papp
3. ON – Katherine McEwen and Linor Berezin
1. QC – Christine Lavallée (F)
2. ON – Aaron Wong-Sing (M)
3. SK – Joe Gerlinsky (M)
1. BC – Max Gallant
2. NB – Fraser Wells
3. AB – Nicolas Hamel
1. BC – Natalia Montemayor
2. NS – Corinne Peters
3. QC - Rebeccca Abelson
Tuesday brings a rest for all teams - Racing resumes Wednesday.
Sail Canada website