sail-world.com -- Nine money-saving tips for boating this summer - BoatUS
Nine money-saving tips for boating this summer - BoatUS
Tue, 9 Jul 2013
Like many other Americans, American boat owners have to watch their budget. Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) has nine tips on ways boaters can save this summer. What's the catch?
Some require BoatUS or BoatUS Angler membership, which cost just $24 annually and includes $50 of free on the water or on the road towing, 24-hour dispatch, and access to programs and services that make the boating, sailing or fishing experience better.
1. At the gas pump: BoatUS members can get up to 10 cents off per gallon of fuel at over 360 BoatUS Cooperating Marinas.
2. An overnight slip for the summer vacation: Over 600 BoatUS Cooperating Marinas offer up to a 25% discount on transient slip fees - or essentially four nights for the price of three.
3. Boat repair discounts: Save a little more at 320 BoatUS Cooperating Marinas offering up to 15% off repairs.
4. Get a break on guide services or charters: Go fishing with a pro or explore new fishing grounds with the help of a local, with discounts up to 15%.
5. The greatest rewards at West Marine: BoatUS members get a $10 reward certificate for every $250 they spend. It's the highest reward level for any shopper.
6. Boat graphics and lettering: Create your custom boat graphics and lettering with our new, easy-to-use website - all from the comfort of home. Members get 10% off and free shipping on orders over $75 at www.boatus.com/boatgraphics.
7. Borrow a kid's life jacket for the weekend: Borrow the right-sized kids life jacket at over 500 locations through the BoatUS Foundation Kids' Life Jacket Loaner Program. Find a site near you at www.BoatUS.com/foundation/ljlp.
8. For the First Mate: The US Power Squadrons have knocked $30 off the price of their 'Partner in Command' online seminar - now just $40 - which aims to acquaint the First Mate with basic skills he or she may need to fill in for the captain when needed. Through a partnership with the BoatUS Foundation, the interactive seminar is available online at www.usps.org/edonline
9. Sailing on a Tall Ship: Set sail on three of the largest fully-rigged sailing vessels in the world and enjoy up to 65% off with Star Clippers at www.BoatUS.com/StarClippers.
For membership information, go to BoatUS.com/membership or call 1-800-395-2628
About BoatUS: Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) is the nation's leading advocate for recreational boaters providing its over half-million members with government representation, services such as 24-hour on the water boat towing as well as roadside assistance for boat trailers and tow vehicles, feature-packed boat insurance programs, money-saving benefits that include marina and West Marine shopping discounts, and vital information that improves the boating, fishing and sailing lifestyle. Its member-funded BoatUS Foundation is a national leader promoting safe, clean and responsible boating.
Onesails.com - Workforce
OneSails is the culmination of over 35 years of experience accumulated by our team in design and technology applied to sail-making. [More info]
GME Standard Communications Pty Ltd
Leaders in communications and navigation. Their goal has always been to make products whose innovation, convenience and peace of mind can help improve the lives of their customers. [More info]
Vicsail Sydney Pty Ltd, launched into the Australian sailing fraternity in 1983 and has been sailing strong ever since. At Vicsail, “We Sail the Boats We Sell”. [More info]