Product of the Week- Reduce shock loads with Davis's Line Snubber
by Martin Flory on 11 Feb 2014
Every sailing boat owner knows that constant, harsh shock on a boat is not only very annoying, but it can be dangerous. The consistent snapping and jarring of dock lines, anchor chains, tow lines and other rope and cable connections can put massive stress on cleats, railings and shackles affecting the entire vessel.
Davis Instruments LineSnubber SW
You also want to know that if you leave your vessel unattended that the shock absorber will be strong enough to outlast any expected weather - and reliably, for the length of time you are away.
Davis Instruments' LineSnubber is a multi-purpose shock absorber for use on any boat. Its progressive tension design with internal stretch limiter reduces shock loads on dock lines, towing lines, tie-downs and preventers.
1. The LineSnubber's patented design reduces shock to any line, cleat or ground tackle, including bow rollers and rigging because the further it stretches, the greater the return force.
2. Noise from creaking, groaning dock lines or ground tackle is greatly reduced, while jarring is also minimized. LineSnubbers fit all sizes of braided or twisted dock lines from 10 mm diameter up to 25 mm. One size fits all.
3. A simple clove hitch makes attaching, adjusting or removing the LineSnubber simple. Another easy way to attach the LineSnubber is with Davis' LineGrabber. The LineGrabber works by cinching tight around any line.
4. The life of dock and anchor lines is increased by reducing chafe. The LineSnubber compensates for tidal surges and chop from wind waves.
5. When rigged properly, it keeps boats centered in the slip. The LineSnubber has many uses, including tender towing, boom preventer, boom tie down, spinnaker tack, anchoring and docking.
The LineSnubber is constructed from the toughest marine-grade shock cord, and covered with 100% nylon webbing for complete sun and abrasion resistance from end to end. The 316 stainless steel carabiners at each end make adjusting or removing LineSnubber a snap. For high-stress applications, users clip two side-by-side for double strength.
Available in blue and black, the LineSnubber measures 51 cm and is currently priced at under $20.00.
If the product is not available in your local marine store outlet, you can buy it online by clicking here
, but depending on where you are, they may have to quote a shipping price separately
You can ontact the firm direct at these two addresses:
California: Davis Instruments, 3465 Diablo Ave., Hayward, CA 94545 USA. +1-510-732-9229; Fax: +1-510-732-9188.
Europe: Davis Marine Europe, Uilenkade 12, 3336 LP Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands. +31 (0)78 6194316; Fax: +31 (0)78 6192689. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/119170