Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show returns April 25-27
by Heather Ford on 25 Apr 2014
On now: The third annual in-water springtime show, the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show April 25-27, will feature more than 80 new and previously-owned sailboats of all types and sizes including catamarans, mono hulls, racing boats, inflatables, and day sailors - and there might be still time to get to Cruisers University if you hurry...
The show will feature the North American premier of the Bavaria Cruiser 33 from Bavaria Yachts, which has already sold nearly 300 hulls. The show will also debut the Farr 280 One Design, the newest grand prix-racing sailboat at 30 feet and designed for a crew of five. The brand new Legacy Catamaran, the 2014 Gemini Legacy 35, will also launch at the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show.
Set in the charming and historic seaport of Annapolis, the Spring Sailboat Show is the first opportunity of the year for experienced and novice sailors to shop for the latest in equipment, electronics, clothing, and boating accessories at the 100+ on-land nautical exhibits.
Fun activities to create a picture perfect weekend in historic Annapolis include:
- Foulest Foulies Contest Sponsored by Spinsheet on April 25, 6-8 p.m. New foul weather gear for the winner, courtesy of Helly Hansen and Fawcett.
- Free tastings by Bacardi Rum, Grey Goose Vodka, and Paladar Latin Kitchen/Rum Bar daily.
- Surfset exercise classes and stand-up paddleboard demos by Mantra Fit.
- Opening night networking party, April 25, 6-8 p.m., for attendees and exhibitors. Sponsored by Bay Yacht Agency/Atlantic Cruising Yachts, Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar, Sail Magazine, Trident Funding Corporation, and Weems and Plath.
- Tour nearly 80 sailboats and shop 100+ nautical exhibits.
- In-water demonstrations by the Maryland Model Yacht Club.
- Cruises aboard the 74-foot Schooner Woodwind available for additional fee.
Door prizes donated by our sponsors and exhibitors include: Helly Hansen Duffle Bag Set ($210 value, courtesy of Helly Hansen); Maui Jim Sunglasses ($179 value, courtesy of Shades of the Bay); and, original framed artwork by Keith Wilkie ($650 value, courtesy of Keith Wilkie).
Cruisers University, a supplemental educational program, offers 50 expert-taught seminars, a curriculum for women, and intensive hands-on programs focused on high-tech navigation and diesel maintenance. Designed to enhance life aboard a boat, Cruisers University offers modules on topics such as popular destinations, boat systems, cruising lifestyles, weather, and electronic navigation. Tuition includes two meals a day, evening social hours, and admission to the Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show.
Annapolis Spring Sailboat Show
Another picture perfect weekend at the Annapolis Sailboat Show!
April 25 - 26, 2014 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
April 27, 2014 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Historic City Dock, Annapolis, MD
Cruisers University #cruisersu - Learn all aspects of cruising before setting off.
April 24-27, 2014, Annapolis, MD
Adult General Admission: $12
Two-Day Admission: $19
Children, 12 and under, are free
Parking Available at Eastport Elementary School, 403 sixth Street, Annapolis, MD 21403 and Other Nearby Parking Garages Event website
If you want to link to this article then please use this URL: www.sail-world.com/121478