2014 ISAF Sailing World Cup Mallorca - Light air returned to Palma on Day 2 of ISAF Sailing World Cup Mallorca. Most classes launched in the early afternoon, and the breeze built to approximately 10 knots, with bright sunshine and light chop.
Caleb Paine, Finn, US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider.
US athletes in the top fifteen in their fleets are Annie Haeger and Briana Provancha (470, eighth overall) and Caleb Paine (Finn, 15th overall). The top individual race finishes of the day were a 10th in Race four by 470 Stu McNay and David Hughes, a fifth in Race two by Nacra 17 Sarah Newberry and John Casey, a second in Race five by Caleb Paine (Finn), a sixth in Race four by 49er Brad Funk and Trevor Burd, a third by 49er Thomas Barrows and Joe Morris, a seventh in Race six by 49er Trevor Moore and Cooper Dressler, and a seventh in Race five by 49erFX Genny Tulloch and Kathleen Tocke.
Notable US Overall Results, Day 2:
470 Men (78 boats):
- 22nd overall, Stuart McNay (Providence, R.I.) and David Hughes (Miami, Fla.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider.
470 Women (47 boats):
- Eighth overall, Annie Haeger (East Troy, Wisc.) and Briana Provancha (San Diego, Calif.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider.
49er (79 boats):
- 32nd overall, Brad Funk (Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.) and Trevor Burd (Marblehead, Mass.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider.
- 38th overall, Thomas Barrows (St. Thomas, USVI) and Joe Morris (Annapolis, Md.), US Sailing Development Team.
49erFX (50 boats):
- 17th overall, Paris Henken (Coronado, Calif.) and Helena Scutt (Kirkland, Wash.), US Sailing Development Team.
Finn (92 boats):
- 15th overall, Caleb Paine (San Diego, Calif.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider.
- 25th overall, Luke Lawrence (Miami, Fla.).
Laser (144 boats):
- 29th overall, Charlie Buckingham (Newport Beach, Calif.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider.
- 44th overall, Erik Bowers (Excelsior, Minn.), US Sailing Development Team.
Nacra 17 (73 boats):
- 20th overall, Sarah Newberry (Miami, Fla.) and John Casey (Longwood, Fla.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider
RS:X Women (56 boards):
- 34th overall, Farrah Hall (Annapolis, Md.), US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider
For full results please Click here.
Annie Haeger and Briana Provancha, 470, US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider. - 2014 ISAF Sailing World Cup Mallorca
'Tough day in an offshore breeze. We fought hard and hung in there. More wind forecasted for tomorrow.' - Annie Haeger, 470.
'We had pretty light winds with a little bit of swell, so everybody's pretty much going the same speed. Little mistakes cost a lot.' - Charlie Buckingham, Laser.
'Last year things started to come together. Now I'm really racing, as opposed to focusing on certain sections of the race, or focusing on smaller technical things. I think I've taken a big jump forwards, and I'm happy.' - Farrah Hall, RS:X.